MVC, Region Update : 3/17

Hello MVC Family,

We hope you are all staying safe and healthy! We love seeing all the team chats of everyone supporting each other in these crazy times.

We wanted to share some updates with you regarding our season. All of us will continue to get updates from a lot of different places. Each time this type of communication goes out we get a lot of questions.


This situation will remain very fluid. Each time emails and announcements are sent, it creates quite a logistical challenge for us.


Some parents and players have been stating that our season has been cancelled. That is NOT accurate information. As of today, USAV and The AZ Region are hopeful to continue season play and reschedule missed tournaments including vulture peak. The region stated today:


Our Junior Girls Committee will be meeting this Friday to discuss options for proceeding after we are given the okay to resume play.”


In addition, Travel tournaments such as Northern Lights, In it To Win it, Red Rock Rave, etc. are all going to be making their own announcements. They all WANT to continue play this season (if at all possible) and want teams to still travel.


Obviously, even if new dates are confirmed, we have a lot of logistics that need to be done before we 100% confirm our participation in any of the above...


Most importantly, we need practice gyms (schools) to be open and available for us. For example: The USAV stoppage is currently until March 31st, Deer Valley Schools cancelled all of our gym contracts through April 13th. We will need to lock down new contracts for each practice location and ensure we are able to practice before we commit to new tournament dates.


We will confirm new tournament dates for each team and division for region play and travel tournaments.


We will need to ensure all coaches and players are available to participate with the new schedule. If the season continues into late May, there are a lot of events such as 8th Grade Promotion, Finals, and Graduations to consider. With possible new travel dates, parents will need to confirm they are able to travel with their work schedules currently being impacted.


Depending on how long this goes, we may also have delays or impacts to our girls extended season, boys nationals, developmental boys season etc.


Unfortunately, this is just the way life is right now around the world. We just don’t know how things will look in the next few weeks. It’s a big puzzle we are slowly putting together.


We are prepared to do everything within our means to get our athletes back to “normal life” and back on the court competing as soon as possible. We have an amazing staff and a lot of help to get this back up and running once we are given the green light.


We are in contact with our coaches in our staff via chat messaging each day. They miss the players very much and hope to return to work ASAP. We have some amazingly dedicated coaches, staff, players and parents... we are so thankful for all of you.


We appreciate your continued patience through these unprecedented times. We hope to see the court again as soon as we possibly can!


As always, we will continue to keep you informed!


Please see the region announcements from today below.


Greg and Glennda Freeman

———————————————

Update from USAV on COVID-19

Arizona Region COVID-19 Response 3.17.20

The health and safety of our members and their families is always our first priority. In this very unusual time, this calls for flexibility, patience, and above all, concern for our families and their health.

The USAV Insurance has been pulled through at least March 31st. Anyone practicing or participating in any way (including those that have signed waivers to participate) are at risk of full medical expenses in case of injury and damage costs to any facility. USAV, AAU, JVA and all other sports organizations have suspended participation in order to reduce the impact of this virus on the health of our families and our health care system. We strongly encourage everyone to follow the good hygiene guidelines, observe the self-distancing and refrain from group events to help put this virus to bed. This will allow us all to get back to normal in a much quicker time frame.

At this time, we have no further information from the US Government, the local government, USAV, or the school systems to know how to proceed beyond March 31st. Our Junior Girls Committee will be meeting this Friday to discuss options for proceeding after we are given the okay to resume play.

Thank you for your patience during this very unusual time. We will continue to send out communication as we receive it from USAV or any other governmental entity that affects our organization. All our communication can also be found on our website under the Corona Virus Response page. This also links to the USAV Corona Virus Response page on the USAV website with their updated responses.




  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

© 2019 Momentum Volleyball Club - AZ Region of USA Volleyball

24654 N Lake Pleasant Pkwy Suite 103-132 Peoria, AZ 85383 US Email: Info@momentumVB.com 623-349-1766