Letter to our MVC Club Members - COVID-19 Update 05/14/2020

Below is the correspondence that was sent to our Boys and Girls Club Teams on 05/14/2020. Since this message was sent out yesterday:


  • USAV has cancelled ALL of the remaining National Qualifier Tournaments and do not plan to reschedule.

  • AAU announced today (05/15/2020) that AAU Nationals has been postponed.

  • AZ Region stated in regards to Gov. Ducey re-opening "gyms" on 05/15/2020 "The word “gym” was not defined in the document so we reached out to Governor Ducey’s office to determine whether youth sports programs fell under the definition of gyms or with organized youth activities. The reply was that youth sports are part of schools and organized youth activities and are to remain closed until they open in Phase 2. With that answer, Arizona Region sanctioned events and insurance will not be available until we move into Phase 2. Phase 2 can only occur after we have to be in Phase 1 at least 2 weeks."


Good Afternoon Momentum Family,


Many of you are probably aware that USA Volleyball has lifted the sanction suspensions as of May 15th. There have been many social media posts about other clubs and their plans to get back on the court so we felt it was appropriate to send out an email now about what this means for Momentum.

Momentum will be taking a stance that the well being of our players and coaches is what matters most to us right now. We do not feel ready to resume practices or to run extended season teams at this time. There is no way for us to ensure the safety of our players and coaches and for that reason we do not want to assume the risk. USA Volleyball released very strict return to play guidelines that would be nearly impossible to adhere to with the very short time frames we have. We have attached the USAV guidelines for full discloser for you all to review. Even if we were ready our biggest barrier is access to gyms. As of today, Deer Valley, Peoria and Great Hearts have not given us a date of when they might think we can get back in the gyms. We also are not 100% certain the tournaments will go on. There is still a strong likelihood they will cancel. USAV announced just yesterday that there were more qualifiers being cancelled with no intention of being rescheduled.


We appreciate and respect that not everyone will agree with the stance that Momentum is taking and for that we are sorry. We just do not feel it would be the responsible thing for us to do for a couple weeks of practices and 1 tournament. Tournaments that are going to expose our players and coaches to potentially thousands of people in the 4 days the tournaments are taking place. When we say tournaments, we are referencing both Festival and our Boys Junior National Championship.


We have put weeks and weeks of thought into this decision. Glennda has been able to see this virus in a very different perspective than most. Glennda’s home health care company has had both clients and caregivers that have been infected with the virus and we have been able to see firsthand just how dangerous this virus is and the toll it is taking on the families and the caregivers it has impacted. Not only that, we have witnessed just how fast it can spread as it is spreading through the disability community fiercely. We would just be devastated if any of our coaches, players, parents or extended family members were to become exposed and/or infected while attending a Momentum event or participating in a tournament.


With that being said, we are more than willing to provide releases to players who wish to play should an opportunity arise with a different club. Momentum does have every intention of running multiple camps and clinics for both boys and girls beginning mid-June IF we can get into the gyms. Please keep in mind when you are requesting a release from us and your release is granted you will not be eligible to participate in any camps or clinics prior to July 5th should Momentum run any prior to that date. We will be cautiously approaching our summer camps and clinics in order to ensure the safety of coaches and players. We will be offering several sessions over multiple weeks to ensure we can keep each session with lower numbers while still providing as many opportunities as we can.


In the next coming weeks we will be monitoring the situation closely. We cannot predict what will happen in the future as things are just now beginning to open up. We don’t know yet the impact this will have on Arizona. We are praying things keep looking up from here. Waiting several more weeks to begin running programs again will also give us time to plan and prepare how to best implement the return to play guidelines where we feel we could take a much safer approach to resuming club activities.


We are obviously beyond devastated for our graduating players. We wish you all the best and we hope that you all stay in touch! We miss everyone so very much and we cannot wait to see you all soon!


As soon as we have camp dates and clinic dates we will send them out with registration links. We are praying our boys season which starts in August will proceed as planned. Fingers crossed. Please stay tuned into our social media sites and website as well for updates.

Sincerely,


Glennda and Greg


Risks - Know them and Avoid Them: https://bit.ly/3dQmuxW

Arizona Region Return to Play Guidelines: https://bit.ly/3fTWcMY

USA Volleyball Return to Play Guidelines: https://bit.ly/3bwfSD3






115 views
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

© 2019 Momentum Volleyball Club - AZ Region of USA Volleyball

24654 N Lake Pleasant Pkwy Suite 103-132 Peoria, AZ 85383 US Email: Info@momentumVB.com 623-349-1766